The European Climate Adaptation Platform (CLIMATE-ADAPT) is a publicly accessible, web-based platform designed to support policy-makers at EU, national, regional and local levels in the development of climate change adaptation measures and policies. CLIMATE-ADAPT will be hosted and managed by the European Environment Agency in Copenhagen. It will support the generation of the knowledge-base required to support the development of evidence-based adaptation policies. Its contribution will inform the development of a comprehensive EU Adaptation Strategy that the Commission plans to adopt in the beginning of 2013.
More than 25 countries voluntarily submitted information on their national strategies and plans, assessments, climate services, and priority actions. The site features a continuously-updated database of adaptation strategies and actions at the transnational and country level. There are also case studies on initial adaptation actions at local and sub-national level. It will help users to access, disseminate and integrate information on:
- Expected climate change in Europe
- The vulnerability of regions, countries and sectors now and in the future
- Information on national, regional and transnational adaptation activities and strategies
- Case studies of adaptation and potential future adaptation options
- Online tools that support adaptation planning
- Adaptation-related research projects, guideline documents, reports information sources, links, news & events.
Source: European Environment Agency