25th Annual Meeting of the European Association of Archaeologists (EAA)
The EAA comes to Bern to celebrate its 25th anniversary. Registration for the 25th EAA Annual Meeting is now open.
The Annual Meeting will take place at the facilities of the University of Bern. The Annual Meeting has two venues which are in close walking distance to each other. Registration, information desk, and sessions will take place in both buildings. The coffee-breaks will be in a tent at the Grosse Schanze in front of the Main Building and at the cafeteria of the UniS.
The Annual Meeting themes, as defined by the Scientific Committee, incorporate the diversity of EAA and the multidimensionality of archaeological practice, including archaeological interpretation, heritage management and politics of the past and present.
1. Archaeological theory and methods beyond paradigms
2. Interpreting the archaeological record: artefacts, humans, and landscapes
3. Archaeology of mountainous landscapes
4. Digital archaeology, science and multidisciplinarity: new methods, new challenges
5. Archaeological heritage and museum management: future chances, future risks
6. Global change and archaeology
- 12 Nov EXTENDED Deadline for session proposals
- 3 Dec Announcement of session acceptance / rejection
- 17 Dec Deadline for session organisers registration
- 19 Dec Call for papers opens
- 14 Feb Deadline for papers proposals
- 26 Mar Announcement of papers acceptance / rejection
- 4-7 Sep Bern Annual Meeting
Please note that all participants have to be current (2019) EAA members and have to register (pay conference registration fee) for the Annual Meeting. If you are not current EAA member, membership for 2019 will be placed into your cart automatically or you will be asked to choose from membership categories first.
For more information about EAA membership, please go to http://e-a-a.org/membership.htm. Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact EAA Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.