5th Pan-European Stakeholder Consultation for IPBES (PESC-5)
VenueHotel Bellevue Palace, Salon Royal, Bern & Institute for Plant Sciences (IPS), Uni Bern
This event brings together biodiversity stakeholders from Europe and Central Asia in support of the Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services. The meeting includes the presentation event of the IPBES report on Europe & Central Asia (ECA) on the first morning.
Objectives of the PESC-5 meeting and expected outputs
- Uptake of the IPBES Regional Assessment of Europe and Central Asia- share experiences and strategies on uptake of findings and policy output of the assessment in each country, and in different sectors.
- Discuss collectively the 2nd draft of the IPBES Global Assessment, and collect comments to be submitted to IPBES as a stakeholders’ perspective during the open review phase.
- Discuss and provide strategies and options for rolling Work programme of IPBES (2020-2030).
- Facilitate national coordination for IPBES (key stakeholders to be involved, key activities, communication plan…) in willing countries by sharing experience with existing platforms.
- Network-Forum for Biodiversity Research Germany (NeFo)
- Belgian Biodiversity Platform (biodiversity.be)
- Fondation pour la recherche sur la biodiversité (FRB)
Travel support for Eastern Europe and Central Asian participants will be available for a limited number of participants, upon request in your online registration.
Please note: The meeting will be held in English only.
The meeting starts with the Presentation event of the IPBES Regional Report for Europe and Central Asia on 6 June in the morning, which will take place at Hotel Bellevue Palace in Bern. The PESC-5 meeting will continue at the Institute for Plant Sciences (IPS) and Botanical garden (BOGA, both at Altenbergrain 21, 3013 Bern).
- Swiss Federal Office for the Environment FOEN
- German Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- DLR Project Management Agency