Climate Risk Summit 2019
Venueetc venues Fenchurch Street
8 Fenchurch Place
The inaugural Climate Risk Summit will bring together policymakers, business leaders, scientists and investors to begin a conversation about how organisations around the world can understand and manage climate-related risks. What impact will such risks have on markets and the economy? How can they be managed and mitigated? And how can businesses and investors seize the opportunities presented by climate change?
Planning for climate change-related risks is now an essential task for any chief executive. Even those who prefer to ignore the problem find themselves increasingly unable to do so: investors, regulators and capital markets are demanding better information on the physical and infrastructure risks that climate change poses for companies, the legal liabilities they are likely to face and the assets which may become stranded during the transition to a lower-carbon world. These risks lie—unidentified and often poorly managed—on the balance sheets of the world’s largest businesses and financial firms.
In an approach to identify and overcome the obstacles the climate change poses to society and companies the Climate Risk Summit tries to further develop the knowledge of the attendees through panel discussions, case studies and presentations.
The featured topics include:
- How is climate risk being disclosed and reported, and what can be done to improve transparency?
- How can investors put pressure on companies to be more transparent and get better at assessing and reporting risk?
- Which models are available to inform corporations on their current and future risks?
- As the global economy moves to a lower-carbon model, how prepared are corporate giants in industries like energy and car-manufacturing?
- What is the risk to global financial stability if companies don’t get better at managing and disclosing climate-related risk? How can this global risk be managed and mitigated?
The Economist Group
20 Cabot Square
London E14 4QW
T: +44 (0) 20 7576 8118