American Association of Physical Anthropologists (AAPA) 88th Annual Meeting
VenueHuntington Convention Center of Cleveland (300 Lakeside Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44113)
The 2019 AAPA meetings (March 27-30, 2019) will be held in Cleveland, Ohio.
The 2019 AAPA meetings (March 27-30, 2019) will be held in Cleveland, Ohio, where you can browse modern art inside a turn-of-the-century transformer station, visit the rock-and-roll hall of fame, and wander through Playhouse square, the largest performing arts center in the United States outside of New York. The main conference hotel, the Hilton Cleveland Downtown, is located in the heart of Cleveland’s vibrant downtown area and is directly connected to the Huntington Convention Center, the 2019 meeting venue. Come and join us for great anthropology, experience the numerous micro-breweries, and enjoy the Cleveland experience where "grit meetings sophistication!" We also welcome our sister organizations who will be meeting with us in Cleveland: the Human Biology Association (HBA), the Paleopathology Association (PPA), the American Association of Anthropological Genetics (AAAG), and the Dental Anthropology Association (DAA).
- Dates: March 27-30, 2019
- Scientific Program Chair: Steve Leigh
- Hosted by: Denise Su and Yohannes Haile-Selassie
- Meeting location: Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland (300 Lakeside Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44113)
- Meeting hotel: Hilton Cleveland Downtown (100 Lakeside Ave East, Cleveland, OH44114)
- Local arrangements including getting to Cleveland, city maps, things to do, and places to eat, etc.
- Childcare will be FREE at the meetings, but registration is still required.