The Rigi-Workshop was set up by the platform biology to promote interdisciplinary exchange between young scientists. The thema of this three-day workshop changes every year, but it has to be interdisciplinary and including biology. A maximum of 40 doctoral students and post-doctoral researchers from all Switzerland can participate. The platform Biology organises the Rigi workshops in collaboration with active researchers, which have submitted an appropriate subject and applied.
end of January, generally.
The workshop is open to PhD students from all Swiss Institutions of Higher Learning. Postdoctoral applications are also considered. Student participation will be competitive. Selection from the pool of applicants will ensure that active, motivated students from different disciplines and institutions attend.
A registration fee of CHF 150.- is due after acceptance of your registration.
• All lectures and workshops with documentations.
• All meals, coffee breaks and mineral water between arrival and departure (all other beverages at your own expense).
• Overnight stay the 2 nights during the workshop in a double room. Please add a comment if you wish to share the room with a specific person.
Please fill in the form found on the webpage to register to the Rigi Workshop.(www.naturwissenschaften.ch/organisations/bio/events/rigi_workshop)
• Your registration is valid only, if you submit an abstract of your current research project (title and a maximum of 300 words in a Word document) and a letter of motivation to email@example.com before the end of November. The letter of motivation should briefly explain why the interdisciplinary theme of the Rigi Workshop.
• For the poster session you will have to bring a poster of your research project (standard size DIN A0) to the workshop. You will be asked to give a presentation on your project in less than 3 minutes on a maximum of 3 ppt-slides.
• At the end of the workshop you will receive a certificate of attendance, which allows you to request one ECTS-credit of your university.
Registrations will be accepted based on the quality of submitted abstracts and motivation letters.
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org